Snort mailing list archives

RE: TTL EVASION

From: "RR" <rehmanr () dedicatedtech com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:07:51 -0400

AFAIK this should come from either frag2 or stream4 preprocessors. This is
triggered based upon difference of TTL in a conversation (Correct me if I am
wrong). It may be caused by traceroute command. Try disabling these two
plugins one by one to find out the exact source of the message.

Rafeeq Rehman