Snort mailing list archives

RE: output options in barnyard

From: Steve Halligan <giermo () geeksquad com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:08:27 -0500

Chris Eidem wrote:
I'm all confused, in barnyard.conf, alert_fast and log_pcap take an
filename as an argument, but docs/USAGE states they do not.  I'm
assuming that they don't since barnyard complains mightily if they're
there.  Ok, so I don't add a file name, but then, what is
written where?
I've looked in ./, /var/log, /var/log/snort, but no joy.

The conf file is correct in this case.  What error is it
giving when you
specify a filename?

-A

AlertFast is not getting added to the list correctly.

For some reason that is beyond me, even though alertfast is the first OP to
get added to the list, list->outputPlugin->name list the second one added.

The second one should be list->next->outputPlugin.

I'll keep looking

-steve