Snort mailing list archives

How to unsubscribe, for those that don't get it.

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:47:47 -0400

--- begin rant ---
Look, would all you guys who can't figure it out realize that there's a snort-users-REQUEST email address for this stuff. Stop sending your unsubscribe requests to the list itself. In the case of mark I've already sent him one email off-list trying to clue him in, so I'm resorting to the public clue-by-four.
--- end rant ---

Absolutely every message to this list has the following message header on it (among other list-* headers)

        <mailto:snort-users-request () lists sourceforge net?subject=unsubscribe>

For those that haven't seen a modern, RFC-2369 compliant mailing list before, those message headers explain how to unsubscribe from the list. Look for them in a mailing list near you. In this case you can use the webpage, or the email link, take your pick. Yes this means you might need to fidget with your "user friendly" email client to make it display these headers, but it really shouldn't be that hard if your mail client isn't completely worthless.