Snort mailing list archives

CSV output problem with snort 1.8.6+suse7.3

From: chris - eEurope <info () eeurope de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:20:58 GMT

NOCMT
Dear snort fans,
after having looked in the web for similar problems – without any result
-
I may ask you now: why do I get a file (/tmp/file) with size 0 after
starting and ending snort?

snort [-d] -c snortrc

with ruleset (snortrc):
output CSV: /tmp/file default
log any any <> www.xxx.yyy.zzz nn

# www.xxx.yyy.zzz=ip nr and nn=port nr

if I comment out the line beginning with output SCV... there is no file
(/tmp/file) created. But in both cases there will be a standard log file
showing catched packets. I already played around with different option
settings and rulesets but did never get CSV output. (compilation of snort
without any problem). May be is this mystery related to a wrong libpcap
etc. version?

I would be lucky to get a hint
Thanks from Chris/Heidelberg