Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort for windows run as service command

From: "Madden, Daniel" <Daniel.Madden () hp com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:20:47 +0200

Hi Dave,

If you are executing the command line you show below, you need to put spaces in, for example:

"C:\Snort>snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs -i3"

The tilde denotes the space => "C:\Snort>snort~/SERVICE~/INSTALL etc..."

If you are using spaces, then ignore this message...will research...

Dan