Snort mailing list archives

running snort questions

From: "Daniel Lopez" <dlopez () tct hut fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:52:39 +0300

Hello,

I would like to start Snort when my computer boots.
Thus, I have to configure it to run in daemon mode, haven't I?

Then, I would like to run it on a Debian 3.0 machine in promiscuous
mode.
The problem that I have is that in order to configure my network card
without
an ip-address I cannot use the standard's Debian /etc/network/interfaces
since
the ifup and ifdown expect some more information there than it is
needed.

Thus, should I use a script? If it is right, do you know if somebody has
already written one? :)
Thanks a lot for your help!

Daniel Lopez