Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT: promiscuous mode problems

From: Detmar Liesen <counter.spy () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:03:30 +0200 (MEST)

Hmmm, problem solved but I am not sure how and why.
I have switched off the dhcp client, now everything works.

I also have now configured the interfaces to come up at boot time statically
with no IP address.

However, the interfaces were not configured for dhcp in the first place, so
this does not explain why the ifconfig ethx up promisc command did not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Detmar