Snort mailing list archives

RE: errors compiling 1.87 with mysql on openbsd

From: "Chris Eidem" <ceidem () Dexma com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:59:07 -0500

-----Original Message-----

So then I configure using the directory that mysql.h is in

find / -name mysql.h
/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/include/mysql

make
make install

everything looks like it is working until I fire it up with
this command:

/usr/local/bin/snort -c /usr/local/share/examples/snort/snort.conf

then I get:

database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

did you run ldconfig again to make sure that it loaded the libmysql* ?

ldconfig -R (as root)

my ./configure command line (3.1-stable on x86) is ./configure
--with-mysql --with-snmp

works like a charm.

also, did you use a port or package, or did you compile from source?

 - chris