Snort mailing list archives

Re: Mysql Performance with snort and demarc/puresecure

From: "Greg Robinson" <greg () diverdown cc>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:22:35 -0500

I am logging about that many hits to the database as well....what I have
done is seperate mysql off of the sensor....and then seperated demarc and
apache off to a yet another box....kind of a 3 tiered approach...
I got a huge performace gain from this config.....also my snort sensor has
two interfaces in it....one for just snort to run on and collect data....and
the other is connected to the network with mysql .....so that way I am not
trying to write to the database on the same interface that i am collecting
data on.....

Hope this helps.....

Greg