Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.8.6 crashes after Ping of Death

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:39:52 -0400

theeaglesociety () netscape net (Night-Stalker) writes:

My Snort (version 1.8.6) (under Linux Mandrake 8.2) crashes after
one or two attacks with the DoS-Attack "Ping of Death", produced
with the "IDS Informer" from BLADE Software. This Software is an IDS
testing tool. Does anybody else have this problem?

Please try against 1.8.7.  I've gotten complaints of this on 1.8.6
before and have been unable to reproduce.

If you can get it to work on 1.8.7, please run a parallel

tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1514 -w largeicmp.cap and mail it to me.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
To err is human, to moo bovine.