Snort mailing list archives

Re: Newbie question on signatures

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:08:45 -0700 (PDT)

They aren't always updated when I look (once a week).
<shrug> Most the time they are.

--- Bryan Brown <BBrown () studeo com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

      Please forgive the newbie question.

      I've been lurking here for three weeks ever since I
got snort 1.8.7 configured and running on my system.
 I believe that I have finally gotten snort running
the way I want it to but I'm confused about the
rules files.  Specifically, are the rules files on
www.snort.org ever updated.  This morning I
downloaded the one from the web page and did a diff
against the rules I originally grabbed.  The only
differences reported were the ones I added to my own
local.rules file.

      Is there a source of updated rules for use with
snort anywhere?  I looked through the archives and
didn't see any mention of this.

Thank you
Bryan Brown

=====