Snort mailing list archives

Re: 3 or 4 NICs in a sensor?

From: "Mike McCabe" <mike () whiskerdreams net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:12:31 -0400

I run three incidences of snort on one box.  I use three different command
lines to run on eth1, eth2 and eth3... Ethernet 4 is my management port.  So
I have 4 nics in the box and all runs just fine.  My only problem seems to
be when I get alot of alerts in the MySQL database cleaning them up takes
the system to 100% cpu utilized.  And Acid times out.  I am beginning to
look for possibly some other boxes to run the sensors on and have 1 box just
for the MySQL and ACID interfaces.

Mike