Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard on sparc64 openbsd

From: insane () oneinsane net
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:36:58 -0700

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 13:58:34, Ron 'The InSaNe OnE' Rosson wrote:
Hi snort-users () sourceforge net,

I am experimenting with barnyard on openbsd sparc64 port to
see if I am able to log using barnyard with snort.

Here is the error I am getting:

Sep 25 13:56:02 firewall barnyard: WARNING => Unified spool log file bad record length: 1179856

any ideas.. if you need any more information from me please
do not hesitate in asking.

Following up to my own post with a little more
information.. Still no resolution:

barnyard.conf:

        config filter: not port 22
        processor dp_alert
        processor dp_log
        processor dp_stream_stat
        output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database \
         xxxxx, server localhost, user xxxxx, password xxxxx
        output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database \
         xxxxx, server localhost, user xxxxx, password xxxxx,\
         detail full

When I get that error it kills the process.

Bye Ron