Snort mailing list archives

Why are there no open source GUI's for managing multiple Snort sensors?

From: "Carl Samond" <dunnun () mailandnews com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:52:06 +0100

I can see graphical user interfaces to manage individual sensors and I
can see GUIs to analyse alerts from a group of sensors but why is there
no tool to provide both management and analysis for multiple sensors?

I'm considering pursuing this for my university project so if such a
tool exists already I'd like to know, if anyone can help me pin down my
requirements I'd be most grateful.  I'm interested in hearing about how
people would like to use snort (particularly less experienced users).
What is a drag about using snort? Would centralised management help a
significant number of people?

Many thanks Carl.