Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort behaviour graphic.

From: "Ashley Thomas" <athomas () cc gatech edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:21:08 -0400

What is snort vsize ?

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net]On Behalf Of Emilio Mira
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:09 AM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort behaviour graphic.

Hi all,

I've been doing tests with Snort and I got the graphic attached. We can
see traffic received in packets per second with blue line, Snort droped
pps with green line and Snort total VM size in kilobytes. X axe represents
time in hours (a little more than one week).

First, why droped packets are so different in between days with similar
traffic? (I get droped packets with a script that compares received
packets from the interface with Snort processed packets, from kill -USR1).

Second, why Snort vsize is like this?. I thought it bears relation to
traffic received, but it doesn't.

Thanks.

--
Emilio Mira