Snort mailing list archives

Re: udp/4156

From: Peter Goodridge <petegdr () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:45:59 -0700 (PDT)

Colin,

UDP ports 1978, 2002, and 4156 are all used by the new
Apache/mod_ssl worm.  See www.cert.org.  If your
getting traffic from all over the planet your box is
probably compromised, and is being used against other
sites.

HTH,
Pete Goodridge

--- Colin Wu <wucolin () mcmaster ca> wrote:
Hi Snorters,

Has anyone seen, or know what traffic might be using
udp/4156 as both
source and destination? I had a look on the Internet
Ports Database but
found no reference to it. A host on my network seems
to be receiving a
lot of these from all over the planet. Not enough
bandwidth usage to be
noticable but snort picked up "bad frag bits" on
some of the packets.

--
   __     _             _            Network Analyst
  /  )   //            ' )   /       Computing &

http://netman.McMaster.CA
Only get into a life boat if you have to step UP to
get into it.