Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem compiling for flexresp on Solaris.

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:12:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Colin Wu wrote:

It's possible I may not have done a thorough enough search of the list
archives, but I have not found references to this particular problem:

I'm trying to build snort-1.8.6 on a Solaris8 host for flexresp.
(Without flexresp it builds just fine.) I'm getting the following errors
on 'make':

Colin,

        One thing that may be giving you grief--./configure uses a 'grep -q'
in one of the checks.  Since on Solaris /usr/bin/grep doesn't have a -q, you
can either install GNU Grep or use /usr/xpg4/bin/grep which does handle -q.

        Another suggestion:  Get to the latest revision of snort (1.8.7).  I'd
be curious to see if the newer version did the same thing.

        Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy