Snort mailing list archives

Re: WIN2K Install Problem: ntwdblib.dll could not be found

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:34:07 +0000

That's odd... my 1.9 beta installer did not have that problem with pcap3.0.
Mebbe give that a shot.

It's at: http://dragos.com/cerebus/download.html

cheers,
--dr

On September 20, 2002 06:15 pm, steve hammill wrote:
After installing winpcap_3_0_a and snort-1.8.7-win32 I
get an error message that ntwdblib.dll could not be
found in the path.  The message is the same on both
WIN2K systems I've attempted to install on.  A search
indicates ntwdblib.dll is not anywhere on the system.

I normally start snort using this command: snort -l
logs -c snort.conf -b -A fast

BTW - This was not a problem with an earlier version
of winpcap and snort - but the versions are long
forgotten.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

--