Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flexresp Support and libnet ver 1.1.0

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:06:57 -0400

Jim Cliver <jim.c () aptalaska net> writes:

Hello,

I am trying to configure snort 1.8.7 with --enable-flexresp switch.
I've compiled successfully the latest version of libnet (1.1.0) of
8/5/02 as stated (though not by release) in the INSTALL doc.  According
to the README doc of libnet 1.1.0 the API has been redesigned, this
change has broken the flexresp function and cannot be compiled any
longer.

My question is, is there an upcoming release of snort that will use the
newly available libnet API?

Not in the foreseable future. Patches are welcome but the new libnet
API is another task to learn in and of itself and it would break the
precalculation stuff that was done most likely because you have to get
down and dirty with the new api to do the stuff that snort does.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
A good pun is its own reword.