Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard question

From: "Emilio Mira Alfaro"<emial () alumni uv es>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:53:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all.

I'm having problems with Barnyard and MySQL. I've
configured Barnyard with log facility, but MySQL only contains
alerts except with two rules: "SMTP HELO overflow attempt" with
1 log of 1 alert and "P2P GNUTella GET" with 2 logs of 500 alerts.

I'm using Snort 1.8.7 and Barnyard 0.1.0-rc2 (Build 11).

In snort.conf I have:

  output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
  output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

and in barnyard.conf

  output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database xxxxx,
  server localhost, user snort, password xxxxxx, detail full

Thanks in advance.

--
Emilio Mira

Hi all.

I'm trying to intall barnyard-0.1.0-rc2 with Snort 1.8.7beta2
and there are some rare things.

I log in MySQL database with acid output plugin:

output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snortdb,
server localhost, user snort, password ****** , detail full

and the only one input plugin is dp_log.

First, it seems that barnyard works with a delay: I only can
see alerts that were detected 2 hours ago.

Second, table iphdr and data are empty, I only can get information
about alerts generated, nothing else.

In snort.conf I have:

output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

Any ideas.

Thank you!!

--
Emilio Mira