Snort mailing list archives

Win32 snort crashing when -A not used

From: carold () gmx net
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:25:42 +0200 (MEST)

Perhaps this is old news:

I have experienced a reproducible crash of Snort 1.8.7 on Win2K when -A
option is not used on the command line. It happens with both Build 121 from
Silicon Defense as well as my own compilation of Build 128. Further digging found
that Snort performs fclose on an illegal FILE handle in
FastAlertCleanExitFunc or FullAlertCleanExitFunc (depending on the config file). The debugger sees
two(!) of these fclose calls. The first one looks legitimate; it is the
second one that causes the crash.

Anybody knows a remedy?

TIA

--