Snort mailing list archives

Re: Recieve Only Ethernet Cabling question.

From: Scott Nursten <scottn () s2s ltd uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:51:45 +0100

Hey Matt,

Remember Layer 2? That's the one below layer 3... :) No - just kidding about
- basically, it's still possible to make your snort box respond to layer 2
requests / frames. By snipping the send cables, you ensure that no response
can be sent, either below or above (not likely :)) layer 3.

Regards,

Scott