Snort mailing list archives

Re: Signature for either gotomypc.com -or- Yahoo Messenger

From: spyguy <spyguy703 () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:43:26 -0700

GoToMyPC clients poll a server (poll.gotomypc.com) via http (80/tcp) in order
to get a connection started.

Therefore,

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> 63.251.224.177/32 80 (msg: "GoToMyPC Client
Connection";)

Note: This is a very simple rule and will alert EACH time the server is
polled. Since I never bothered to install the software, I am not sure what
the traffic looks like when an ACTUAL session is running. Instead, this
detects the client running. The client polls via http to keep a connection
up.