Snort mailing list archives

cliff notes on ACID

From: "netsec novice" <netsec9 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 00:08:06 +0000

I am trying to use SNORT/ACID to provide my management with a briefing of potential threats and build a case for installing an IDS in production. I have them up and running but am struggling with some of the ACID reporting and how to best present the log information. I am really struggling with the graphing portion to provide anything meaningful. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has for providing brief yet useful information from my logs in terms of what SNORT is seeing - id types of attacks/frequency etc. I should mention that I am in a win32 environment and have SNORT 1.8.7 and ACID 0.9.6.b21. If a tool other than ACID would be my best bet then suggest away!!

Thanks for you time