Snort mailing list archives

Re: i think so i have found a bug in ACID (Database ERROR:Database ERROR:ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index acid_event_pkey)

From: "Roman Danyliw" <roman () danyliw com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:18:55 -0400 (EDT)

It sounds like your snort database plugin configuration might be the problem.
Multiple instances of snort deployed on the same machine must  use the
"sensor_name" parameter in the database plugin configuration.  Explicitly naming
(with a unique value) each instance of snort to the database, overrides the
default naming algorithm which would otherwise give the multiple instances of
snort the same name.  It would seem that the multiple instances of snort sharing
the same sensor id (sensor name) is causing the duplicate key issue.  See the
"Deployment" section of the database plugin documentation:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortdb/snortdb_deploy.html

Roman