Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and creating new classtypes

From: "Roman Danyliw" <roman () danyliw com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

This is the expected (if not necessarily the desired) behavior.  Meta
information about a signature (e.g., classification, priority) is stored in the
database the first time that an event matching this signature is encountered.
Without an update to the revision number of the signature to denote that
something has changed, the meta information will not be updated despite a manual
update to the configuration file.

ACID should probably provide primatives to manipulate signature classifications.

Roman

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:11:03 -0600, Matthew Wagenknecht