Snort mailing list archives

Re: Hard choice: Preprocessor or Tagging

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:35:36 -0400

Michael Boman <michael.boman () securecirt com> writes:

Hi all,

Is there any particular reason why preprocessors only get into the 'alert'
facility and never get passed on to the 'log' facility?

Which preprocessor?  The only ones that only call alerts are things
like portscans to my knowledge.

It seems like I have to make a choice: Either I choose to get the preprocessor
alerts in MySQL or the rule tagging, but not both.

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.