Snort mailing list archives

RE: Queries on Snort...

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <Andrew.Hutchinson () Vanderbilt edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:37:50 -0500

If you require decoding encrypted traffic - and I'm assuming that you're
mainly concerned with ssl to your web servers, here - you should
probably look at getting an ssl proxy, and placing your IDS behind that
to watch for http attacks.  If you have high traffic web servers,
that'll take the encryption processing off the web servers, and will
also allow you to decode the encrypted traffic.