Snort mailing list archives

RE: Time off in MySql database

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <Andrew.Hutchinson () Vanderbilt edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:20:10 -0500

Not sure what OS you're running, but is it possible that the machines
are configured for different timezones?  I use redhat generally (please
direct all flames to /dev/null...), and you can check the timezone
configuration in /etc/sysconfig/clock.  They have a little ncurses app
called "timeconfig" that lets you change your config.  I'd check that
first.

Just as a suggestion (again, see above for flame redirection
instructions), I like to run all of my servers using UTC.  Once you get
used to the mental correction for local time, it makes things much
easier.  I don't ever have to adjust for Daylight Savings, and if I need
to tell somebody when an event took place, it is very easy - it doesn't
matter if they're in Abilene or Abu Dhabi, Zulu time is the same the
whole world 'round.

Andrew