Snort mailing list archives

Re: ICMP Packets.

From: "Vinay A. Mahadik" <VAMahadik () lbl gov>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:42:45 -0700

"larosa, vjay" wrote:

This traffic is ICMP Echo Request, and an ICMP Echo Reply. It appears the
ICMP payload is identical in both packets. If this was really an image being
transferred does anybody know
if it is possible to reconstruct it? Thanks!

vjl

Incidentally, that is what I was doing.. I see a 'Microsoft' image after
reconstructing it!

If you need the file (binary jpeg), I could send it to you off the list
(not sure if binary attachments are allowed here).

Thanks,
Vinay.

--
Vinay A. Mahadik