Snort mailing list archives

GCC compile error with AIX 4.3

From: "Jeffrey M Collins" <collinmj () us ibm com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:35:52 -0700

When I try to compile gcc on an AIX box I get the following:

(root@jc /snort-1.8.7)->./configure
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executabl
es.

I'm not sure why it can't create executables.  I searched the snort mailing
list archives and saw something about needing to install binutil, which I
did but had no luck.  Here's the output from attempting to compile a simple
.c file:

(root@jc /snort-1.8.7)->gcc /foo.c -o /foo
In file included from /foo.c:2:
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/2.9-aix51-020209/include/stdio.h:57:

standar
ds.h: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Thank you for any advice you have.

Jeff