Snort mailing list archives

RE: ATTACK RESPONSES 403 Forbidden

From: "Gray . Brendan" <bgray2 () drc com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:48:31 -0400

I was about to suggest that too.  We have some websites at my company that
are restricted to specific domains and IP addresses.  On my snort logs I get
that alert a lot.  Everytime someone (or a nimda code red worm) comes to one
of our restricted websites, they get a 403 error, and snort catches it.

Brendan Gray