Snort mailing list archives

Maximum Post-ing Speed Limit

From: "Jeremy Junginger" <jjunginger () interactcommerce com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:53:08 -0700

Just a suggestion:

It appears that you are nearing the maximum post-ing speed limit.heheh.
Perhaps you should attempt to figure the problem out (apply some logical
thought to it) before posting to the group.  The snort.conf file is well
commented and quite easily used.  The questions you are asking almost
answer themselves when you read snort.conf.  I'm just trying to help you
out.if you use the groups for every little question, people will be far
less likely to help than if you were to put some thought into it.  Also,
remember that these posts live on the internet for a long time.  Good
luck and have fun with snort..

-Jeremy
--- Begin Message --- From: "Uhte, Russ" <RussU () RP-L com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:08:26 -0700
I would like to exclude a subnet of IP addresses from the EXTERNAL_NET
How do I go about doing this??
-Russ

 <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/>
Russ Uhte, CCNA
<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/> , MCP
<http://www.microsoft.com/mcp> , A+
<http://www.comptia.org/certification/aplus/index.htm>
Network Administrator
Richmond Power  <http://www.rp-l.com/> & Light
Parallax Systems  <http://www.parallax.ws/> Division
 <http://www.microsoft.com/mcp>

---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system.

---

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- From: "Uhte, Russ" <RussU () RP-L com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:28:36 -0700
I'm running snort on a Windows 2000 machine using mysql and ACID.  What
I did was change my acid.conf line that from log to alert... that fixed
my problem with logging!!
-Russ