Snort mailing list archives

Snort dies with no reason

From: Sergio Cristian Tognolotti <stogno () diveo com ar>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:45:27 -0300

Hi!

I've installed snort 1.8.6 on my UltraSPARC-IIi 440MHz with SunOS 5.8, gcc
2.95 and libgcc 3.1 (I compiled it with gcc 3.1 too). After some hours of
running smoothly (or at least that's what it seems) snort dies with no
apparent reason and it leaves no traces in my syslog. It's compiled with
mysql support. Did you get anyone else who had the same problem or am I the
first one ?

If you know of anyone else who had it and found a workaround for this,
please
let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Tognolotti