Snort mailing list archives

Re: Remote syslog server using snort.conf

From: Wayne T Work <securitygauntlet () snet net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:48:55 -0400

Try uncommenting these lines is the conf and fill in the data for SYSlog and MySQL

This example will create a rule type that will log to syslog
# and a mysql database.
# ruletype redalert
# {
#   type alert
#   output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
#   output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost
# }