Snort mailing list archives

Re: arpspoof preprocessor

From: Morgan Marquis-Boire <morganm () datacom co nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:52:42 +1200

Thanks.
I have been using arpwatch I was hoping that I could get snort to do the same thing.
Ah well...

Morgan

Matt Kettler wrote:
Quite frankly, I'd recommend using arpwatch if you want a good "automatic IP address change" detector. Very verbose output, automatically monitors all arps and logs new/changed IPs. Snort's arpspoof plugin is fairly new, and not quite that feature-rich yet. Functional, but not feature-rich.