Snort mailing list archives

Snort failes to connect to postgres db

From: "T.Shaw" <hshaw () safeweb com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:41:47 +0000

Hello all!
I'm sort of new with snort and trying to get it to log to a postresql db.
I followed the instructions and have built the db via the sql scripts.
I can log onto the db manual and look at the tables just fine. But when it comes to starting snort (1.8.7) i'm getting
the error:

database: compiled support for ( postgresql )
database: configured to use postgresql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = localhost
database:   sensor name = 192.168.1.11
database: Connection to database 'snort' failed
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I don't think this is a SNORT issue.. but i'm trying to troubleshoot from both ends.. if i can log in manually as the
user snort to the database snort, why can't the snort config file?

Any help would be appreciated..

Terrelle Shaw