Snort mailing list archives

iplog

From: "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm () prime gushi org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all.  It seems to me that since iplog can both listen promiscuously on
an interface like snort can and that since it specializes in detection of
things snort NOT good at (i.e. stateful detections like portscans,
pingfloods, smurfs, etc), that there should be some way to use iplog as
(A) either a preprocessor of sorts or (B) There should be a way to use
logsnorter to suck in the logs from iplog.

I don't see logsnorter around anymore, I can't find it.  But is there some
way to accomplish this, and have them BOTH show up in ACID?

-Dan

--

"Don't try to out-wierd me.  I get stranger things than you free with my
breakfast cereal."

-Button seen at I-CON XVII (and subsequently purchased)