Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unknown argument to http_decode preprocessor:

From: "Augustinho Catto" <Catto () atlas unisinos br>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:03:54 -0300

Hi,
Excuse me, I am a newbie but I think something is wrong becouse I
downloaded a "stable" version of signatures. I used oinkmaster.pl
and It was started from my cron to perform download from:
url = http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/snortrules.tar.gz

What is the best practices when upgrading signatures?

TIA

Catto

"Cameron Just" <c.just () phoenixdigital com> writes:

Hi,

I have followed the REdhat 7.2 instructions to the letter and
keepgetting
this error. Anyone know whats causing it?

Aug  2 22:54:42 router snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR
/etc/snort/snort.conf(229) => Unknown argument to http_decode
preprocessor: "unicode"

The offending line is this which is in the standard snort.conf

preprocessor http_decode: 80 unicode iis_alt_unicode
double_encode
iis_flip_slash full_whitespace

looks like 1.9 conf with 1.8 snort
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
A good pun is its own reword.

Augustinho Valmor CATTO
CNE - Analista de Suporte
UNISINOS - Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos
Sao Leopoldo - RS - Brasil
Phone: +55 xx 51 590-8386
http://www.unisinos.br/institucional/estrutura/
"From Brazil the land of FIFA worldwide soccer five times
championship"