Snort mailing list archives

IDS paper on snort.org

From: Detmar Liesen <counter.spy () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:22:59 +0200 (MEST)

Hi folks,
I have written a paper "Requirements for Enterprise-Wide Scaling Intrusion
Products"
some weeks ago, which is now available for download on snort.org.

The idea was to compile relevant criteria for scalable IDSs, regarding
management,
corellation, security, etc.

The paper is mainly based on my personal experience with Snort, Enterasys
Dragon 5.2 and ISS RealSecure 6.5. but also on discussions with various people
on the mailinglists (snort lists, the dragon list, issforum,
focus-ids@securityfocus etc) and offline discussions with other professionals.

My aim is to maintain an up-to-date sort of wish-list for the IDS community
and to learn from your feedback (I am still kind of new, since my IDS
experience is based solely on my diploma thesis so your feedback is very much
appreciated).
:)
Your priorities may differ from my priorities, for various reasons.
Of course I've also been influenced by the needs of the company where I have
written my thesis.

Please direct your feedback, rants, flames and your credit-card number
directly at me.
;)
Hmmm,....you may skip the last point.

Have fun