Snort mailing list archives

AW: ACID Reporting and Portscans

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:11:22 +0200

Joe,

I suppose you have output database: log ... in snort.conf. Switch to output
database: alert ... and it should work.

HTH,
Sandro

Well, Now Im totaly confused. I am logging to the syslog AND
to MySQL (For Acid), and in the syslog, Im getting:
Aug  6 13:21:23 wolfserver snort: spp_portscan: portscan
status from <ip Address>: 1 connections across 1 hosts:
TCP(1), UDP(0)  , but in Acid, Im not seeing that. The
portscan.log file has these permissions:

-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root        67691 Aug  6 13:22 portscan.log

Any Ideas why its not showing up in Acid?

Thanks

Joe