Snort mailing list archives

Re: Experience of installing snort on Win XP Prof

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:34:44 -0400

Niklas Odenteg <niod () home se> writes:

Hi!

Has somebody any experience of installing snort on Win XP
Professional? I trying to install snort 1.8.7 (the compiled version)
on my WinXP laptop and it just won't work! It complains over an
ntwdblib.dll that doesn't seem to be there. As the name indicates, it
is probably something Win specific, but I can't figure out what.

Probably a RTFM problem, but since the manual doesn't mention this
library I can't overcome this...

Choose the minimalistic install.  Bad defaults.  Will be fixed next
version.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.