Snort mailing list archives

Error Trying to Use MySQL

From: "Joe Giles" <jgiles () joeman1 com>
Date: 5 Aug 2002 19:42:20 -0000

List,
I have compiled SNORT with MySQL support, and I have followed the directions to the best of my ability, but I am
getting this error in the messages log when I try to start SNORT and have it log to mysql database>>

Aug  5 13:20:03 wolfserver snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR => Undefined variable name: (/etc/snort.conf:312):

That line contains this>>

output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort user=<usr> host=wolfserver password=<BlaBlaBla>

here is the command Im using to start snort>>

/usr/local/bin/snort -d -h <IP NetworkAddy>/<CIDR> -D

I cant figure out what Im doing wrong. Could someone help me, as I would like to set up ACID, and I need this to work...

Thanks a million...

BTW, Im on a RedHat 7.2 with all the current updates (as of 8-3-2002, including the Kernel). Im am running verison
snort-1.8.7 of snort.

Joe Giles
jgiles () joeman1 com
AOL ID: mcigiles