Snort mailing list archives

Re: "Flow" problem

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:33:05 -0600

I'm not having any problem.  But, then I use the rules that come with
1.9 cvs.  Not good to mix apples and oranges.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 07:53:55PM +0200, Harald Finnaas wrote:
Hi!

I just decided to test the 1.9 beta with the latest rules, but I've run into
the "ERROR: /etc/snort/rules/exploit.rules(7) => Unknown keyword "flow" in
rule!" error.

I was under the impression that snortrules-current was supposed to work with
1.9beta0 ?

Another unrelated question; are there any utilities that can "merge" rules?
I've commented out quite a few rules cause they're too noisy, but I'd still
like to update the rules without having to comment out the rules in the new
files every time.

Harald

--
Phil Wood, cpw () lanl gov