Snort mailing list archives

Tag: and mysql and Demarc.

From: "Ian Macdonald" <secsnort () dirk demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:04:46 -0400

Once a trigger hits I would like snort to continue logging packets for the
session. From the look of it Tag: looks perfect. Expect when  it logs data
to the database it logs it as sig_name NULL. This would be ok, but in demarc
1.05 it relies on the sig_name as the thing to click on to get more
information. So I see the data but no way to display it.

Why doesn't tag log as the same name as the rule that triggered it or at
least as something other than NULL? Is there anyway this can can be changed
in 1.8?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to do something similar?

Thanks

Ian