Snort mailing list archives

writing to log file and running a script at once???

From: Lookman Fazal <fazall () research avayalabs com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:02:07 -0400

Hello All

I have snort (1.8.3) running on linux.  The linux machine is connected
on the mirror port and monitoring traffic just fine.  For example, when
someone goes to yahoo, it creates a directory with the sender's IP
address in /var/log/snort directory

Now what I want to do is, when it writes the sender's IP address in this
/var/log/snort directory I want to, at the same time run a script, which
will take the sender's IP address and telnet to my router and add an
access-list to deny this sender. I can work on the script, how do I do
the other part?

Is there a way to do this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated

--Fazal