Snort mailing list archives

ACID Database Error

From: Demetri Mouratis <dmourati () cm math uiuc edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:10:02 -0600 (CST)

I have been getting an error while accessing several of the reports via
ACID.

My setup is a RedHat 7.2 box running snort 1.8.3 and acid 0.9.b20.  I am
logging to a PostgreSQL 7.2 database.

Whenever I access any link that tries to get dns information, eg, "Unique
IP Links" I get the following error:
Database ERROR:Database ERROR:ERROR: parser: parse error at or near
"ipc_dns_timestamp"

I've rebuilt the PostgreSQL database and still see the same error.

Interestingly enough, I have another nearly identical box with the same
OS, Snort ver, and DB ver and the problem doesn't seem to surface there.

Thanks.