Snort mailing list archives

RE: Blocking individual IP's

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:23:57 -0500

Hi James,

It's nice to hear that Snort can talk to Checkpoint. There is actually one, snortsam.
But you would never want legitimate or trusted parties not to talk to your network
anymore. What I meant was ip spoofing. Someone can just pretend that they're coming
from this network. I would suggest you do the blocking manually.

You can use blackhole route on your border router or add block rules on your firewall.

-hth