Snort mailing list archives

Re: Anomalous packet logged by Snort (fwd)

From: Bill McCarty <bmccarty () apu edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:03:55 -0700

Hi Chris,

I apologize for even seeming to suggest that you've been rude. My opinion
is quite the opposite: Your time and effort in development of Snort and
answering Snort-related questions is much appreciated by me. And, if
there's been any misunderstanding, I accept full responsibility for vague,
incomplete, or incoherent statements that led to any such misunderstanding,
by you or others.

Honestly, I myself wouldn't characterize my questions or comments as
complaints, as doing so would seem to focus on what Snort perhaps isn't
doing exactly right. Instead, I'd choose to emphasize what IS working, and
working very well indeed. My network is MUCH more secure, thanks to Snort.
Hey, I wouldn't even be ABLE to question the recording of traffic on my
network without Snort. So, PLEASE feel fully affirmed, appreciated, and
respected for what you've done and how you relate to others. You're tops in
my book, dude!

Thanks again for your vision and service to the Internet community!

Cheers,

--On Tuesday, April 09, 2002 7:20 AM -0400 Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>