Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on HP-UX

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:07:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:21:42PM -0500, Taylor Lewick wrote:

Hi all, I recently downloaded and configured snort-1.8.4-beta2 to run
on my HP-UX server. The configure went fine, and it worked when I
passed it simple command line arguments for viewing packets. But when
I tried to run it in daemon mode, or pass it the config file, it
core-dumped. After searching the archives I saw others were having
the same problem, and it looked like a problem with HP code, or
libpcap... I never saw a resolution.. I am wondering, first, has
anyone tried running a new version of snort 1.8.6 on HP-UX in IDS
mode, and does it work, or, did anyone figure out what was wrong with
the 1.8.4-beta2 version on HP-UX?

I'm running the CVS snapshot on my 10.20 box without major problems.
It crashes from time to time, but it's running supervised.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155